1980s Movie Quotes Quiz
"Lunch is for wimps."
- Michael Dougals said this in his Oscar-winning role as Gordon Gekko.
"I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen."
- Lloyd Dobler (John Cusack) said this to Constance Dobler, played by Cusack's sister Joan. Joan Cusack was uncredited in the film.
"I was a better man with you, as a woman, than I ever was with a woman, as a man. Know what I mean? I just gotta learn to do it without the dress."
- Said by Michael Dorsey (Dustin Hoffman) to his love Julie (Jessica Lange) about posing as Dorothy Michaels.
"Never tell me the odds."
- Said by Han Solo (Harrison Ford) to C-3PO.
"Now I know what a TV dinner feels like."
- Bruce Willis's famous character, John McClane, said this to himself while crawling through a ventilation shaft.
"If you were happy every day of your life you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game-show host."
- Veronica Sawyer (Winona Ryder) said this to one of the Heathers, Heather Chandler, in this cult classic.
"I’m not gonna be ignored."
- Alex Forrest (Glenn Close) made this vow as she stalked Dan Gallagher (Michael Douglas) and his family.
"When you give up your dreams, you die."
- Nick (Michael Nouri) said this to his girlfiend and employee Alex (Jennifer Beals) to encourage her to pursue her dreams.
"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
- Teenage wise guy Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) said this. Ferris Bueller's Day Off became a short-lived TV series in 1990, starring Charlie Schlatter as Ferris and future Friends star Jennifer Aniston.
"How do you explain school to higher intelligence? "
- Elliot (Henry Thomas) said this to his brother Michael about his friend E.T.