34 results found
meteor(Encyclopedia)meteor, appearance of a small particle flying through space that interacts with the earth's upper atmosphere. While still outside the atmosphere, the particle is known as a meteoroid. Countless meteor...
meteor shower(Encyclopedia)meteor shower, increase in the number of meteors observed in a particular part of the sky. The trails of the meteors of a meteor shower all appear to be traceable back to a single point in the sky, kn...
meteoroid(Encyclopedia)meteoroid: see meteor.
Geminids(Encyclopedia)Geminids: see meteor shower.
radiant(Encyclopedia)radiant: see meteor shower.
Aquarids(Encyclopedia)Aquarids: see meteor shower.
falling star(Encyclopedia)falling star: see meteor.
Draconids(Encyclopedia)Draconids: see meteor shower.
Lyrids(Encyclopedia)Lyrids: see meteor shower.
Perseids(Encyclopedia)Perseids pûr´sdz [key]: see meteor shower.
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-