Star Wars Facts
How many languages is C-3PO fluent in?
- C-3PO speaks more than 6 million languages. However, with the way his arms are configured, he will never be able to speak American Sign Language (ASL).
What is the name of Boba Fett's ship?
- Boba Fett's Slave 1 ship was a modified Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft. Boba Fett used the ship throughout his bounty hunting career.
Who was the original commander of the Death Star?
- Grand Moff Tokin was the original commander of the Death Star. His philosophy is "ruling through fear of force."
What language is Darth Vader's chestpiece written in?
- Darth Vader's chestpiece is written in Ancient Hebrew. The writing is translated to say "his deeds will not be forgiven, until he merits."
Which original theatrical movie are we first introduced to Jabba the Hutt? (This does not include special edition movies.)
- Jabba the Hutt makes his first appearance in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. However, in a special edition version, Jabba the Hutt was added to Episode IV: A New Hope.
What species is Yoda?
- No one knows exactly what species Yoda belongs to. Since a name has not been recorded, most fans simply call this species of carnivorous humanoids Yoda's Species.
What planet are Chewbacca and the Wookies from?
- Kashyyyk, a tree-covered forest planet is home to the Wookie species. The planet was enslaved by the Galactic Empire.
What color was Mace Windu's lightsaber?
- Mace Windu's lightsaber is the only lightsaber to be purple. The reason? Samuel L. Jackson requested a unique lightsaber and George Lucas agreed.
What is Han's response when Leia first declares her love?
- Originally, Han Solo's scripted reply was "I love you, too"; however, during filming, Harrison Ford improvised "I know." The directors decided to keep that version in the film.
Which character is partially named after George Lucas' son?
- George Lucas's adopted son, Jett Lucas, was the inspiration behind Dexter Jettster's name. Dexter is the character who owns Dexter's Diner, and Obi-Wan Kenobi visits him for help identifying a poison dart.