World's Richest People Quiz
- Larry Page is one of the two co-founders of Google, worth just shy of $51 billion.
- Bloomberg is the founder of the Bloomberg media empire, as well as a former Wall Street banker and former Mayor of New York. He is worth $55.5 billion
- Despite his high profile and inestimable reach, Zuckerberg is only the 8th wealthiest person on the planet. He is the founder of Facebook. He is worth $62.3 billion.
- Larry Ellison is the founder of Oracle, a globally important software firm that has recently moved into cloud computing. He is worth $62.5 billion.
- Amancio Ortega is the wealthiest retailer in the world, founding the fast fashion company Inditex (which produces Zara clothes and Massimo Dutti). He is worth $62.7 billion.
- Carlos Slim Helu owns the largest telecom firm in Latin American, including Mexico's only phone company. He is a significant stakeholder in other construction, retail, mining, and real estate companies. He is worth $64 billion.
- The Arnault family owns many major luxury goods and cosmetic companies, including Sephora, Dior, and Louis Vuitton. The family is worth $76 billion.
- The "Oracle of Omaha" runs Berkshire Hathaway, a massive conglomerate that operates insurance companies, manufacturers, retailers, and restaurants. He made a large part of his fortune through his successful investments. He is worth $82.5 billion.
- Bill Gates is one of the co-founders of Microsoft, of which he remains a board member. He has given away or sold most of his stock in that company. He holds a variety of assets, and heads the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He is worth $96.5 billion.
- Jeff Bezos is the founder and head of Amazon, as well as the owner of the Washington Post and aerospace company Blue Origin. He is worth $131 billion.