Do You Know These Spooky Stories From Filming Horror Movies?
During production in 1976, two separate planes carrying actor Gregory Peck and producer Mace Neufeld were struck by lightning, and Neufeld's hotel was later bombed by the IRA. What movie was being made?
- Perhaps the eeriest occurrence was a car accident involving the visual effects coordinator, John Richardson, and his wife. She died on impact and when Richard crawled away, he noticed a road sign that read "Ommen, 66.6 km".
Not only was the film set of this 1973 movie seemingly overrun with bad luck, but many unexpected deaths and injuries were experienced by cast and crew alike, as well as their loved ones— what's it called?
- Another instance of "bad luck" included the set catching fire, with the entire thing all but destroyed— save for the area of Regan's bedroom.
The title of this 2013 movie claims to be based on a true story, which is only bolstered by the several members of the cast and crew claiming to encounter entities, including claw marks appearing on one actress' computer screen. What movie is it?
- Among other sightings, director James Wan's dog also reportedly growled and tracked invisible objects around his office.
Before actor Ryan Reynolds was Deadpool, he starred in this 2005 horror movie. But while filming this movie, he would inexplicably wake up at 3:15 am every day— the time the original script had the clock stop at. Which movie was Reynolds filming?
- As if that's not enough, prior to filming, the crew found a dead body washed up near the set. That's a no from us!
This 1960 black-and-white movie remains one of the most terrifying entries in horror history. But what happened to Myra Davis, a body double actress for several scenes in the movie, is even more terrible, being murdered herself years later. What is it?
- People have drawn parallels between the "Psycho" shower scene and Davis' murder, and the crime was not even solved for over a decade.
Roman Polanski directed this 1968 film to great acclaim— however, tragedy struck both on and off the set, including producer William Castle being accused of witchcraft and the composer Krzysztof Komeda succumbing to a brain blood clot. What movie was it?
- Polanski was struck by a further tragedy only a year after the film's release, when his pregnant wife, actress Sharon Tate, and four others were killed by Charles Manson's "family" inside their home.
Another ghost movie with even more ghostly happenings, what was the title of this 2016 film where the cast and crew often were faced with doors opening by themselves, curtains billowing next to closed windows, and more?
- The young actress who played Christine, Joey King, also found unexplained bruising across her body, though she had done no stunts during filming.
Starring in this 1983 movie, Vic Morrow had a premonition that something terrible was going to happen. And when a helicopter crashed and killed Morrow and two child actors, his foreboding was sadly proven correct. What movie was he filming?
- Morrow also took out a life insurance policy on himself before filming due to his premonition, making it seem like he predicted his own tragic end.
What was the movie filmed in 2005 that was based on a true story, where the lead actress experienced her hotel room radio turning on and off by itself, playing the song "Alive" by Pearl Jam?
- It wasn't just Jennifer Carpenter who had strange experiences with her radio, as other cast and crew members found their TV sets and radios switching on, causing requests to remove the devices from their rooms.
Jeffery Dean Morgan witnessed strange events on the set of this 2012 movie, including set lighting exploding, unexplainable fires, and other eerie happenings, supposedly tied to an object that might have been cursed. What movie was this object central to?
- When a storage unit burned down, the Dybbuk box used in filming was destroyed. However, the entire cast and crew prevented the studio from finding a replacement, worrying that the curse would carry over.