Celebrity Politicians Quiz
Which business tycoon toyed with the presidential nomination for the Reform Party?
- Trump once told the Wall Street Journal he was thinking of seeking the nomination to challenge Patrick Buchanan.
Which New York City mayor now hosts the popular television show, The People's Court?
- Though Koch now rules over The People's Court, his film and television credits include The Muppets Take Manhattan and Saturday Night Live.
Popular talk show host Jerry Springer was once mayor of which city?
- Springer was elected mayor of Cincinnati in 1971. Prior to this, he was as an aide to President John F. Kennedy.
Director and actor Clint Eastwood was the mayor of which California city?
- Eastwood was top gun in the city Carmel from 1986-1988.
Which politician was the oldest person to fly in space?
- Glenn, the first American to orbit the Earth, was elected a U.S. Senator in 1974, and reelected in 1980, 1986, and 1992. His record-making flight on the Space Shuttle Discovery was in October 1998.
Which politician recently released his book, I Ain't Got Time to Bleed?
- Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura is known to wrestling fans as "The Body."
Which former Representative from Iowa is now the CEO of Goodwill Industries?
- Grandy is known for his role as "Gopher" on the original The Love Boat. Current Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson has acted in Die Hard II, In The Line of Fire, and Cape Fear.
Which of these famous actors has not flirted with a Presidential run?
- Beatty and Shepard have intimated their political aspirations in the past. Shirley MacLaine is in fact Beatty's younger sister.
Which politician also sang the 1965 hit "I've Got You, Babe"?
- Prior to becoming a Representative, Bono was the mayor of Palm Springs, California.
"Grandpa" Al Lewis, best known for playing "Grandpa" on The Munsters, ran for governor in 1998 in which state?
- The television show The Munsters ran from 1964 to 1966.