National Animals of the World Part III
What is the national animal of Afghanistan?
- Suited to its national animal, Afghanistan has varied terrain including cold steppes and tall mountains, both of which the snow leopard makes its home.
What is the national animal of Belgium?
- One of the few countries in the world to have a mythical animal as the national emblem, Belgium has kept the heraldic lion or Leo Belgicus as its de facto symbol.
What is the national animal of Ghana?
- As a symbol of strength and potency, the tawny eagle is a fitting emblem for the country of Ghana.
What is the national animal of Malawi?
- Nicknamed the "Tommie", this elegant animal is the national animal of Malawi and is found in the grasslands stretching over into Kenya and Tanzania.
What is the national animal of Saint Kitts and Nevis?
- Otherwise known as the Pelecanus occidentalis, this stately creature is the national emblem of the small, dual-island nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
What is the national animal of Tunisia?
- A fitting animal emblem for a country with plenty of rolling sand dunes and expanses of desert, the dromedary belongs to Tunisia as its national animal.
What is the national animal of Yemen?
- To recognize the animal's endangered status and draw attention to preservation, the Government of Yemen officially made the Arabian leopard the national animal in 2008.
What is the national animal of Paraguay?
- Also known as Azara's fox or the Pampas Zorro, this little creature is a cute and fluffy national symbol for Paraguay.
What is the national animal of Kazakhstan?
- Aquila nipalensis or the steppe eagle is Kazakhstan's national animal and is also featured on the country's flag.
What is the national animal of Equatorial Guinea?
- Equatorial Guinea shares the same national animal as Tanzania, the majestic, high-altitude giraffe.