ware: Meaning and Definition of
- Usually, a peddler selling his wares.
- articles of merchandise or manufacture; goods:a peddler selling his wares.
- any intangible items, as services or products of artistic or intellectual creativity, that are salable:an actor advertising his wares.
- a specified kind or class of merchandise or of manufactured article (usually used in combination): silverware; glassware.
- pottery, or a particular kind of pottery: delft ware.
- a group of ceramic types classified according to paste and texture, surface modification, as burnish or glaze, and decorative motifs rather than shape and color.
— adj., v., wared, war•ing.
- watchful, wary, or cautious.
- aware; conscious.
- to beware of (usually used in the imperative).
— wared, war•ing.
- to spend; expend.
— n. Scot. and North Eng.
- the first season in the year; spring.
- ware (Thesaurus)