Meaning of warehouse
Pronunciation: (n.wâr'hous"v.wâr'houz", -hous"), [key]
— n., pl. v., -hous•es -housed, -hous•ing.
- a building, or a part of one, for the storage of goods, merchandise, etc.
- a large retail store.
- a building, or a part of one, in which wholesalers keep large stocks of merchandise, which they display and sell to retailers.
- to place, deposit, or store in a warehouse.
- to set aside or accumulate, as for future use.
- to place in a government or bonded warehouse, to be kept until duties are paid.
- to confine (the mentally ill) to large institutions for long-term custodial care.
- warehouse (Thesaurus)