sophisticated: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (su-fis'ti-kā"tid), [key]
- (of a person, ideas, tastes, manners, etc.) altered by education, experience, etc., so as to be worldly-wise; not naive: a sophisticated young socialite; the sophisticated eye of a journalist.
- pleasing or satisfactory to the tastes of sophisticates: sophisticated music.
- deceptive; misleading.
- complex or intricate, as a system, process, piece of machinery, or the like: a sophisticated electronic control system.
- of, for, or reflecting educated taste, knowledgeable use, etc.: Many Americans are drinking more sophisticated wines now.
- sophisticated (Thesaurus)