Synonyms of sophisticated
- 1. sophisticate, educate, school, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise
- usage: make less natural or innocent; "Their manners had sophisticated the young girls"
- 2. twist, twist around, pervert, convolute, sophisticate, denote, refer
- usage: practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive; "Don't twist my words"
- 3. sophisticate, doctor, doctor up, load, adulterate, stretch, dilute, debase
- usage: alter and make impure, as with the intention to deceive; "Sophisticate rose water with geraniol"
- 4. sophisticate, complicate, refine, rarify, elaborate
- usage: make more complex or refined; "a sophisticated design"
- 1. sophisticated (vs. naive), blase, worldly, intelligent, well-informed, polished, refined, svelte, urbane, worldly-wise, cosmopolitan#1, widely distributed, disenchanted, elegant, informed, literate, worldly#1, secular#2, temporal
- usage: having or appealing to those having worldly knowledge and refinement and savoir-faire; "sophisticated young socialites"; "a sophisticated audience"; "a sophisticated lifestyle"; "a sophisticated book"
- 2. advanced, sophisticated, high-tech (vs. low-tech), hi-tech
- usage: ahead in development; complex or intricate; "advanced technology"; "a sophisticated electronic control system"
- 3. sophisticated, intellectual (vs. nonintellectual)
- usage: intellectually appealing; "a sophisticated drama"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sophisticated (Dictionary)