scull: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (skul), [key]
- an oar mounted on a fulcrum at the stern of a small boat and moved from side to side to propel the boat forward.
- either of a pair of oars rowed by one rower.
- a boat propelled by an oar or oars.
- a light, narrow racing boat for one, two, or sometimes four rowers, each equipped with a pair of oars.
- a race involving such boats. Cf.
- to propel or convey by means of a scull or sculls.
- to propel a boat with a scull or sculls.
- scull (Thesaurus)