residence: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rez'i-duns), [key]
- the place, esp. the house, in which a person lives or resides; dwelling place; home: Their residence is in New York City.
- a structure serving as a dwelling or home, esp. one of large proportion and superior quality: They have a summer residence in Connecticut.
- the act or fact of residing: during his residence in Spain.
- the act of living or staying in a specified place while performing official duties, carrying on studies or research, awaiting a divorce, etc.
- the time during which a person resides in a place: a residence there of five years.
- the location of the main offices or principal center of business activity of a commercial enterprise, esp. a large corporation, as registered under law.
- residence (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.