remedy: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (rem'i-dē), [key]
— n., pl. v., -dies, -died, -dy•ing.
- something that cures or relieves a disease or bodily disorder; a healing medicine, application, or treatment.
- something that corrects or removes an evil of any kind.
- legal redress; the legal means of enforcing a right or redressing a wrong.
- a certain allowance at the mint for deviation from the standard weight and fineness of coins; tolerance.
- to cure, relieve, or heal.
- to restore to the natural or proper condition; put right: to remedy a matter.
- to counteract or remove: to remedy an evil.
- remedy (Thesaurus)