Meaning of remember
Pronunciation: (ri-mem'bur), [key]
- to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think of again: I'll try to remember the exact date.
- to retain in the memory; keep in mind; remain aware of: Remember your appointment with the dentist.
- to have (something) come into the mind again: I just remembered that it's your birthday today.
- to bear (a person) in mind as deserving a gift, reward, or fee: The company always remembers us at Christmas.
- to give a tip, donation, or gift to: to remember the needy.
- to mention (a person) to another as sending kindly greetings: Remember me to your family.
- (of an appliance, computer, etc.) to perform (a programmed activity) at a later time or according to a preset schedule:a.m. every day. The coffeepot remembers to start the coffee at 7
- to remind.
- to possess or exercise the faculty of memory.
- to have recollection (sometimes fol. by of&hasp;): The old man remembers of his youth.
- remember (Thesaurus)