Meaning of performance
Pronunciation: (pur-fôr'muns), [key]
- a musical, dramatic, or other entertainment presented before an audience.
- the act of performing a ceremony, play, piece of music, etc.
- the execution or accomplishment of work, acts, feats, etc.
- a particular action, deed, or proceeding.
- an action or proceeding of an unusual or spectacular kind: His temper tantrum was quite a performance.
- the act of performing.
- the manner in which or the efficiency with which something reacts or fulfills its intended purpose.
- the actual use of language in real situations, which may or may not fully reflect a speaker's competence, being subject to such nonlinguistic factors as inattention, distraction, memory lapses, fatigue, or emotional state.
- performance (Thesaurus)