perform: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (pur-fôrm'), [key]
- to carry out; execute; do: to perform miracles.
- to go through or execute in the proper, customary, or established manner: to perform the marriage ceremony.
- to carry into effect; fulfill: Perform what you promise.
- to act (a play, part, etc.), as on the stage, in movies, or on television.
- to render (music), as by playing or singing.
- to accomplish (any action involving skill or ability), as before an audience: to perform a juggling act.
- to complete.
- to fulfill a command, promise, or undertaking.
- to execute or do something.
- to act in a play: to perform in the role of Romeo.
- to perform music.
- to go through any performance.
- (of loans, investments, etc.) to yield a profit; earn income.
- perform (Thesaurus)