Synonyms of performance
- 1. performance, public presentation, show
- usage: a dramatic or musical entertainment; "they listened to ten different performances"; "the play ran for 100 performances"; "the frequent performances of the symphony testify to its popularity"
- 2. performance, presentation, presentment, demonstration
- usage: the act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment; "we congratulated him on his performance at the rehearsal"; "an inspired performance of Mozart's C minor concerto"
- 3. performance, execution, carrying out, carrying into action, action
- usage: the act of performing; of doing something successfully; using knowledge as distinguished from merely possessing it; "they criticised his performance as mayor"; "experience generally improves performance"
- 4. performance, accomplishment, achievement
- usage: any recognized accomplishment; "they admired his performance under stress"; "when Roger Maris powered four home runs in one game his performance merits awe"
- 5. operation, functioning, performance, process, physical process
- usage: process or manner of functioning or operating; "the power of its engine determines its operation"; "the plane's operation in high winds"; "they compared the cooking performance of each oven"; "the jet's performance conformed to high standards"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of performance (Dictionary)