Meaning of notion
Pronunciation: (nō'shun), [key]
- a general understanding; vague or imperfect conception or idea of something: a notion of how something should be done.
- an opinion, view, or belief: That's his notion, not mine.
- conception or idea: his notion of democracy.
- a fanciful or foolish idea; whim: She had a notion to swim in the winter.
- an ingenious article, device, or contrivance; knickknack.
- small articles, as buttons, thread, ribbon, and other personal items, esp. such items displayed together for sale, as in a department store.
- notion (Thesaurus)