WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinion, idea, thought
- usage: a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; "his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
- 2. notion, concept, conception, construct
- usage: a general inclusive concept
- 3. notion, whim, whimsy, whimsey, idea, thought
- usage: an odd or fanciful or capricious idea; "the theatrical notion of disguise is associated with disaster in his stories"; "he had a whimsy about flying to the moon"; "whimsy can be humorous to someone with time to enjoy it"
- 4. notion, article
- usage: (usually plural) small personal articles or clothing or sewing items; "buttons and needles are notions"
All rights reserved.
See also: notion (Dictionary)