intonation: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in"tō-nā'shun, -tu-), [key]
- the pattern or melody of pitch changes in connected speech, esp. the pitch pattern of a sentence, which distinguishes kinds of sentences or speakers of different language cultures.
- the act or manner of intonating.
- the manner of producing musical tones, specifically the relation in pitch of tones to their key or harmony.
- something that is intoned or chanted.
- the opening phrase in a Gregorian chant, usually sung by one or two voices.
- intonation (Thesaurus)