intone: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in-tōn'), [key]
— v., -toned, -ton•ing.
- to utter with a particular tone or voice modulation.
- to give tone or variety of tone to; vocalize.
- to utter in a singing voice (the first tones of a section in a liturgical service).
- to recite or chant in monotone.
- to speak or recite in a singing voice, esp. in monotone; chant.
- to produce a tone, or a particular series of tones, like a scale, esp. with the voice.
- intone (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.