WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intonation, modulation, pitch contour, prosody, inflection
- usage: rise and fall of the voice pitch
- 2. intonation, singing, vocalizing
- usage: singing by a soloist of the opening piece of plainsong
- 3. intonation, chanting, singing, vocalizing
- usage: the act of singing in a monotonous tone
- 4. intonation, music
- usage: the production of musical tones (by voice or instrument); especially the exactitude of the pitch relations
All rights reserved.
See also: intonation (Dictionary)