incident: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (in'si-dunt), [key]
- an individual occurrence or event.
- a distinct piece of action, or an episode, as in a story or play.
- something that occurs casually in connection with something else.
- something appertaining or attaching to something else.
- an occurrence of seemingly minor importance, esp. involving nations or factions between which relations are strained and sensitive, that can lead to serious consequences, as an outbreak of hostilities or a war: border incident; international incident.
- an embarrassing occurrence, esp. of a social nature.
- likely or apt to happen (usually fol. by to).
- naturally appertaining: hardships incident to the life of an explorer.
- conjoined or attaching, esp. as subordinate to a principal thing.
- falling or striking on something, as light rays.
- incident (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.