Meaning of incidence
Pronunciation: (in'si-duns), [key]
- the rate or range of occurrence or influence of something, esp. of something unwanted: the high incidence of heart disease in men over 40.
- a falling upon, affecting, or befalling; occurrence: The incidence of murder that Sunday afternoon shocked the sleepy village.
- the striking of a ray of light, beam of electrons, etc., on a surface, or the direction of striking.
- Seeangle of incidence(def. 1).
- the fact or the manner of being incident.
- partial coincidence of two figures, as of a line and a plane containing it.
- incidence (Thesaurus)