- 1. incident, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a single distinct event
- 2. incident, disturbance, disruption, commotion, flutter, hurly burly, to-do, hoo-ha, hoo-hah, kerfuffle
- usage: a public disturbance; "the police investigated an incident at the bus station"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incident
- usage: falling or striking of light rays on something; "incident light"
- 2. incidental (vs. basic), incident, omissible, parenthetic, parenthetical, peripheral, secondary
- usage: (sometimes followed by `to') minor or casual or subordinate in significance or nature or occurring as a chance concomitant or consequence; "incidental expenses"; "the road will bring other incidental advantages"; "extra duties incidental to the job"; "labor problems incidental to a rapid expansion"; "confusion incidental to a quick change"
All rights reserved.
See also: incident (Dictionary)