filler: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fil'ur), [key]
- a person or thing that fills: a filler for pies; a filler of orders.
- a thing or substance used to fill a gap, cavity, or the like.
- a substance used to fill cracks, pores, etc., in a surface before painting or varnishing.
- a liquid, paste, or the like used to coat a surface or to give solidity, bulk, etc., to a substance, as paper or a chemical powder.
- material, considered of secondary importance, used to fill out a column or page.
- an implement used in filling, as a funnel.
- cotton, down, or other material used to stuff or pad an object, as a quilt or cloth toy.
- material placed between the insole and the exterior sole of a shoe.
- (esp. in tagmemics) one of a class of items that can fit into a given slot in a construction.
- a plate, slab, block, etc., inserted between two parallel members to connect them.
- the tobacco forming the body of a cigar.
- metal in the form of a rod or wire, used in brazing, welding, and soldering.
Pronunciation: (fē'lâr, fil'âr), [key]
— pl. -lér.
- an aluminum coin of Hungary, the 100th part of a forint.
- filler (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.