fillet: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (fil'it usually fi&sylplā' for 1, 10), [key]
- a boneless cut or slice of meat or fish, esp. the beef tenderloin.
- a piece of veal or other meat boned, rolled, and tied for roasting.
- a narrow band of ribbon or the like worn around the head, usually as an ornament; headband.
- any narrow strip, as wood or metal.
- a strip of any material used for binding.
- a decorative line impressed on a book cover, usually at the top and bottom of the back.
- a rolling tool for impressing such lines.
- Also calledlist.a narrow flat molding or area, raised or sunk between larger moldings or areas. See diag. undermolding.
- a narrow portion of the surface of a column left between adjoining flutes.
- a raised rim or ridge, as a ring on the muzzle of a gun.
- a concave strip forming a rounded interior angle in a foundry pattern.
- to cut or prepare (meat or fish) as a fillet.
- to cut fillets from.
- to bind or adorn with or as if with a fillet.
- to round off (an interior angle) with a fillet.
- fillet (Thesaurus)