Meaning of eccentricity
Pronunciation: (ek"sun-tris'i-tē, ek"sen-), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- an oddity or peculiarity, as of conduct: an interesting man, known for his eccentricities.
- the quality of being eccentric.
- the amount by which something is eccentric.
- the distance between the centers of two cylindrical objects one of which surrounds the other, as between an eccentric and the shaft on which it is mounted.
- a constant expressed as the ratio of the distance from a point on a conic to a focus and the distance from the point to the directrix.
- eccentricity (Thesaurus)