Meaning of communicate
Pronunciation: (ku-my'ni-kāt"), [key]
— v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
- to impart knowledge of; make known: to communicate information; to communicate one's happiness.
- to give to another; impart; transmit: to communicate a disease.
- to administer the Eucharist to.
- to share in or partake of.
- to give or interchange thoughts, feelings, information, or the like, by writing, speaking, etc.: They communicate with each other every day.
- to express thoughts, feelings, or information easily or effectively.
- to be joined or connected: The rooms communicated by means of a hallway.
- to partake of the Eucharist.
- to take part or participate.
- communicate (Thesaurus)