blur: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blûr), [key]
— v., n. blurred, blur•ring,
- to obscure or sully (something) by smearing or with a smeary substance: The windows were blurred with soot.
- to obscure by making confused in form or outline; make indistinct: The fog blurred the outline of the car.
- to dim the perception or susceptibility of; make dull or insensible: The blow on the head blurred his senses.
- to become indistinct: Everything blurred as she ran.
- to make blurs.
- a smudge or smear that obscures: a blur of smoke.
- a blurred condition; indistinctness: They could see nothing in the foggy blur.
- something seen indistinctly: The ship appeared as a blur against the horizon.
- blur (Thesaurus)