blunt: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blunt), [key]
— adj., v., n. -er, -est,
- having an obtuse, thick, or dull edge or point; rounded; not sharp: a blunt pencil.
- abrupt in address or manner: a blunt, ill-timed question.
- slow in perception or understanding; obtuse: His isolation has made him blunt about the feelings of others.
- to make blunt; hebetate: He blunted the knife by using it to cut linoleum.
- to weaken or impair the force, keenness, or susceptibility of: Wine first excites, then blunts the imagination.
- to become blunt.
- something blunt, as a small-game arrow, a short sewing needle, or a short, thick cigar.
- a cigar stuffed with marijuana.
- blunt (Thesaurus)