Winter Olympics 2006 | Torino, Italy
Updated August 5, 2020 | Infoplease Staff
Looking for information about the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics?
Franz Klammer The man who gave himself "terrible frights"
Read more memorable moments
Did You Know?
The only Olympians to win four consecutive gold medals in the same individual event are Carl Lewis (long jump), Al Oerter (discus), and Paul Elvstrom (sailing).More...
Winter Olympics Through The Years
Winter Olympics Biographies
- Winter Olympics: Daily Highlights
- Top news of the 2006 Winter Games, day by day
- Torino Preview
- What to expect at the 2006 Winter Olympic Games
- Scandal at the Winter Olympics
- From too many U.S. Ice Hockey teams to figure skating judges
- Winter Olympics Trivia
- Fun Olympic facts for trivia buffs and novices
- Olympic Symbols and Traditions
- Flames, doves, oaths, and more
- Competing Countries
- 85 countries are participating in the Torino Winter Olympics
- Warm Weather Countries at the Winter Olympics
- Beyond the Jamaican bobsledders
- Quiz: Torino Olympics
- The Winter Games were held in Italy once before 2006. What year?
- Olympics Timeline
- From ancient Greece to the present day
- Alpine Skiing
- Bode vs. The Hermanator
- A demanding combination of exertion and precision
- Offspring of the toboggan
- Cross-Country Skiing
- The sport of the Vikings
- Think shuffleboard on ice
- Figure Skating
- Can the Russians take all?
- Freestyle Skiing
- A breathtaking and creative sport
- Ice Hockey
- A tournament of veterans
- One of the fastest Olympic sports
- Nordic Combined
- Long dominated by Scandinavian countries
- Face first down an icy track
- Ski Jumping
- Once a popular attraction at ski carnivals
- Very popular new sport
- Speed Skating
- The Olympic demolition derby
- Did You Know?
- Did you know China won their first Winter Olympic gold medals in Salt Lake City? What sport did they win them in?
- Winter Olympics Trivia
- Who has won the most medals for the United States in the Winter Olympics?
- Torino Olympics
- Torino, Italy, is the site of the 2006 Winter Games. The Winter Games were held in Italy once before. What year?
- Winter Olympics History: Part 1
- What the was first year that female athletes could compete in events other than figure skating at a Winter Olympics?
- Winter Olympics History: Part 2
- East Germany made its Olympic debut at which Winter Games?
- Salt Lake City Recap
- What country won the most medals at the Salt Lake City Games?
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.