Synonyms of wring
- 1. squeeze, wring, movement, motion
- usage: a twisting squeeze; "gave the wet cloth a wring"
- 1. contort, deform, distort, wring, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist and press out of shape
- 2. wring, wrench, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish; "Wring one's hand"
- 3. extort, squeeze, rack, gouge, wring, overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
- usage: obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
- 4. wring, squash, crush, squelch, mash, squeeze
- usage: twist, squeeze, or compress in order to extract liquid; "wring the towels"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wring (Dictionary)