- 1. wonder, wonderment, admiration, astonishment, amazement
- usage: the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising
- 2. wonder, marvel, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: something that causes feelings of wonder; "the wonders of modern science"
- 3. curiosity, wonder, cognitive state, state of mind
- usage: a state in which you want to learn more about something
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wonder, inquire, enquire, question, query
- usage: have a wish or desire to know something; "He wondered who had built this beautiful church"
- 2. wonder, question, chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate
- usage: place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"
- 3. wonder, marvel, react, respond
- usage: be amazed at; "We marvelled at the child's linguistic abilities"
All rights reserved.
See also: wonder (Dictionary)