Synonyms of wander
- 1. roll, wander, swan, stray, tramp, roam, cast, ramble, rove, range, drift, vagabond, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment; "The gypsies roamed the woods"; "roving vagabonds"; "the wandering Jew"; "The cattle roam across the prairie"; "the laborers drift from one town to the next"; "They rolled from town to town"
- 2. cheat on, cheat, cuckold, betray, wander, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage; "She cheats on her husband"; "Might her husband be wandering?"
- 3. wander, proceed, go forward, continue
- usage: go via an indirect route or at no set pace; "After dinner, we wandered into town"
- 4. weave, wind, thread, meander, wander, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- 5. digress, stray, divagate, wander, tell
- usage: lose clarity or turn aside especially from the main subject of attention or course of argument in writing, thinking, or speaking; "She always digresses when telling a story"; "her mind wanders"; "Don't digress when you give a lecture"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wander (Dictionary)