Synonyms of walking
- 1. walk, walking, locomotion, travel
- usage: the act of traveling by foot; "walking is a healthy form of exercise"
- 1. walk, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: use one's feet to advance; advance by steps; "Walk, don't run!"; "We walked instead of driving"; "She walks with a slight limp"; "The patient cannot walk yet"; "Walk over to the cabinet"
- 2. walk, accompany
- usage: accompany or escort; "I'll walk you to your car"
- 3. walk, score, hit, tally, rack up
- usage: obtain a base on balls
- 4. walk, traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across
- usage: traverse or cover by walking; "Walk the tightrope"; "Paul walked the streets of Damascus"; "She walks 3 miles every day"
- 5. walk, play
- usage: give a base on balls to
- 6. walk, behave, comport
- usage: live or behave in a specified manner; "walk in sadness"
- 7. walk, consociate, associate
- usage: be or act in association with; "We must walk with our dispossessed brothers and sisters"; "Walk with God"
- 8. walk, pace
- usage: walk at a pace; "The horses walked across the meadow"
- 9. walk, compel, oblige, obligate
- usage: make walk; "He walks the horse up the mountain"; "Walk the dog twice a day"
- 10. walk, take the air, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: take a walk; go for a walk; walk for pleasure; "The lovers held hands while walking"; "We like to walk every Sunday"
- 1. walk-to(prenominal), walking(prenominal), close (vs. distant)
- usage: close enough to be walked to; "walking distance"; "the factory with the big parking lot...is more convenient than the walk-to factory"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of walking (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.