walking: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (wô'king), [key]
- considered as a person who can or does walk or something that walks: The hospital is caring for six walking patients. He's walking proof that people can lose weight quickly.
- used for or as an aid in walking: She put on her walking shoes and went out.
- suitable for, characterized by, or consisting of walking: True sightseeing is a walking affair. We took a walking tour of Spain.
- of or pertaining to an implement or machine drawn by a draft animal and operated or controlled by a person on foot: a walking plow.
- of or pertaining to a mechanical part that moves back and forth.
- the act or action of a person or thing that walks: Walking was the best exercise for him.
- the manner or way in which a person walks.
- the state or condition of the surface, terrain, etc., on which a person walks: The walking is dry over here.
- walking (Thesaurus)