WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. violence, force, aggression, hostility
- usage: an act of aggression (as one against a person who resists); "he may accomplish by craft in the long run what he cannot do by force and violence in the short one"
- 2. ferocity, fierceness, furiousness, fury, vehemence, violence, wildness, intensity, intensiveness
- usage: the property of being wild or turbulent; "the storm's violence"
- 3. violence, turbulence, upheaval, Sturm und Drang
- usage: a turbulent state resulting in injuries and destruction etc.
All rights reserved.
See also: violence (Dictionary)