WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unhealthy (vs. healthy), angry, arthritic, creaky, rheumatic, rheumatoid, rheumy, asthmatic, wheezing, wheezy, bad, unfit, unsound, blebby, blistery, puffy, intumescent, tumescent, tumid, turgid, bloodshot, cankerous, ulcerated, ulcerous, carbuncled, carbuncular, carious, caseous, chilblained, colicky, flatulent, gassy, cytomegalic, dehydrated, diseased, morbid, pathologic, pathological, edematous, dropsical, enlarged, foaming, foamy, frothing, gangrenous, mortified, inflamed, inflammatory, ingrowing, ingrown, jaundiced, icteric, yellow, membranous, membrane-forming, mental, proinflammatory, pro-inflammatory, sallow, sickly, sore-eyed, sunburned, sunburnt, varicose, windburned, windburnt, frail, ill#1, sick, unfit, unwholesome
- usage: not in or exhibiting good health in body or mind; "unhealthy ulcers"
- 2. insalubrious, unhealthful, unhealthy, unwholesome (vs. wholesome)
- usage: detrimental to health
- 3. unhealthy, unhealthful (vs. healthful)
- usage: not conducive to good health; "an unhealthy diet of fast foods"; "an unhealthy climate"
All rights reserved.
See also: unhealthy (Dictionary)