- 1. unconscious mind, unconscious, mind, head, brain, psyche, nous
- usage: that part of the mind wherein psychic activity takes place of which the person is unaware
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. unconscious (vs. conscious), cold, comatose, innocent, insensible, senseless, knocked out(predicate), kayoed, KO'd, out(predicate), stunned, nonconscious, semicomatose, subconscious, asleep, insensible, involuntary#1, nonvoluntary#1, unvoluntary, unaware#1, incognizant
- usage: not conscious; lacking awareness and the capacity for sensory perception as if asleep or dead; "lay unconscious on the floor"
- 2. unconscious, involuntary (vs. voluntary), nonvoluntary, unvoluntary
- usage: without conscious volition
- 3. unconscious(predicate), unaware (vs. aware), incognizant
- usage: (followed by `of') not knowing or perceiving; "happily unconscious of the new calamity at home"- Charles Dickens
All rights reserved.
See also: unconscious (Dictionary)