Meaning of unconscious
Pronunciation: (un-kon'shus), [key]
- not conscious; without awareness, sensation, or cognition.
- temporarily devoid of consciousness.
- not perceived at the level of awareness; occurring below the level of conscious thought: an unconscious impulse.
- not consciously realized, planned, or done; without conscious volition or intent: an unconscious social slight.
- not endowed with mental faculties: the unconscious stones.
- the part of the mind containing psychic material that is only rarely accessible to awareness but that has a pronounced influence on behavior.
- unconscious (Thesaurus)