Synonyms of trumpeter
- 1. trumpeter, cornetist, musician, instrumentalist, player
- usage: a musician who plays the trumpet or cornet
- 2. herald, trumpeter, messenger, courier
- usage: (formal) a person who announces important news; "the chieftain had a herald who announced his arrival with a trumpet"
- 3. trumpeter, wading bird, wader
- usage: large gregarious crane-like bird of the forests of South America having glossy black plumage and a loud prolonged cry; easily domesticated
- 4. trumpeter, trumpeter swan, Cygnus buccinator, swan
- usage: large pure white wild swan of western North America having a sonorous cry
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of trumpeter (Dictionary)