trumpeter: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (trum'pi-tur), [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.
- a person who plays a trumpet; trumpet player.
- a person who proclaims or announces something with a trumpet.
- a soldier, usually in a mounted unit, whose duty is to sound the required trumpet calls.
- a person who proclaims, commends, or extols something loudly or widely; eulogizer.
- any of several large South American birds of the family Psophiidae, esp. Psophia crepitans, related to the cranes and rails, having a loud, harsh, prolonged cry.
- one of a breed of domestic pigeons.