WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transpire, transpirate, flow, flux
- usage: pass through the tissue or substance or its pores or interstices, as of gas
- 2. transpire, evaporate, vaporize, vaporise
- usage: exude water vapor; "plants transpire"
- 3. transpire, change
- usage: come to light; become known; "It transpired that she had worked as spy in East Germany"
- 4. transpire, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: come about, happen, or occur; "Several important events transpired last week"
- 5. transpire, exude, exudate, transude, ooze out, ooze
- usage: give off (water) through the skin
All rights reserved.
See also: transpire (Dictionary)