- 1. tower, structure, construction
- usage: a structure taller than its diameter; can stand alone or be attached to a larger building
- 2. column, tower, pillar, shape, form
- usage: anything that approximates the shape of a column or tower; "the test tube held a column of white powder"; "a tower of dust rose above the horizon"; "a thin pillar of smoke betrayed their campsite"
- 3. tugboat, tug, towboat, tower, boat
- usage: a powerful small boat designed to pull or push larger ships
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. loom, tower, predominate, hulk, rise, lift, rear
- usage: appear very large or occupy a commanding position; "The huge sculpture predominates over the fountain"; "Large shadows loomed on the canyon wall"
All rights reserved.
See also: tower (Dictionary)