tower: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (tou'ur), [key]
- a building or structure high in proportion to its lateral dimensions, either isolated or forming part of a building.
- such a structure used as or intended for a stronghold, fortress, prison, etc.
- any of various fully enclosed fireproof housings for vertical communications, as staircases, between the stories of a building.
- any structure, contrivance, or object that resembles or suggests a tower.
- a tall, movable structure used in ancient and medieval warfare in storming a fortified place.
- a vertical case designed to house a computer system standing on the floor.
- See control tower.
- a person who can be relied on for support, aid, or comfort, esp. in times of difficulty.
- to rise or extend far upward, as a tower; reach or stand high: The skyscraper towers above the city.
- to rise above or surpass others: She towers above the other students.
- (of a hawk) to rise straight into the air; to ring up.
Pronunciation: (tō'ur), [key]
- a person or thing that tows.
- tower (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.