- 1. thumb, pollex, finger
- usage: the thick short innermost digit of the forelimb
- 2. thumb, covering
- usage: the part of a glove that provides a covering for the thumb
- 3. ovolo, thumb, quarter round, molding, moulding
- usage: a convex molding having a cross section in the form of a quarter of a circle or of an ellipse
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hitchhike, hitch, thumb, ride
- usage: travel by getting free rides from motorists
- 2. flick, flip, thumb, riffle, leaf, riff, peruse
- usage: look through a book or other written material; "He thumbed through the report"; "She leafed through the volume"
- 3. finger, thumb, touch
- usage: feel or handle with the fingers; "finger the binding of the book"
All rights reserved.
See also: thumb (Dictionary)