- 1. accelerator, throttle, throttle valve, valve
- usage: a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine
- 2. accelerator, accelerator pedal, gas pedal, gas, throttle, gun, pedal, treadle, foot pedal, foot lever
- usage: a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- 2. strangle, strangulate, throttle, kill
- usage: kill by squeezing the throat of so as to cut off the air; "he tried to strangle his opponent"; "A man in Boston has been strangling several dozen prostitutes"
- 3. choke, throttle, enrich
- usage: reduce the air supply; "choke a carburetor"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of throttle (Dictionary)