- 1. patio, terrace, area
- usage: usually paved outdoor area adjoining a residence
- 2. terrace, bench, tableland, plateau
- usage: a level shelf of land interrupting a declivity (with steep slopes above and below)
- 3. terrace, row
- usage: a row of houses built in a similar style and having common dividing walls (or the street on which they face); "Grosvenor Terrace"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. terrace, terrasse, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide (a house) with a terrace; "We terrassed the country house"
- 2. terrace, shape, form
- usage: make into terraces as for cultivation; "The Incas terraced their mountainous land"
All rights reserved.
See also: terrace (Dictionary)